Sunday, August 8, 2010

TMBG: the High School Years

They Might Be Giants artwork from my childhood - pin back button.
So you might remember my illustration for the word "giant" for Illustration Friday. I found some of my drawings from my high school days that feature They Might Be Giants. I was obsessed! I drew them on my notebooks, for projects in art class, and in my spare time! Here is a button I drew, too, and it looks like it did not age well at all!

They Might Be Giants folder I drew in high school. Front view.

They Might Be Giants folder I drew in high school. Back view.
Here is some of my first attempts at typography! Don't you love the different styles and colors I used to spell out my favorite band name?

They Might Be Giants artwork from my childhood - coffee cup.
This is one of my favorite little sketches I made of a tiny John and John behind their beloved coffee cup.

They Might Be Giants artwork from my childhood - coffee cup. Inspired by Cathy.
I read the comics all the time. This drawing is inspired by the look of Cathy! You can really tell in their eyes.

They Might Be Giants artwork from my childhood.
I think this is one my younger brother, Joey made. Check out the detail on this!

They Might Be Giants artwork from my childhood - John and John.

They Might Be Giants artwork from my childhood - gas pump.

They Might Be Giants artwork from my childhood - snowman.

No comments:

Post a Comment