Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tunesday Tuesday: Beirut

Beirut Drawing
Here is a band I have liked for a while called Beirut. I really enjoy this music so much, I think because of the horns and the Eastern European influences. There is a good article on NPR about their new album The Rip Tide. The new album is quite good and I like hearing it on shuffle in my iPod. I think Zach's voice takes some getting used to (for me at least), so have a listen. I am very excited cos I thought all hope was lost in seeing Beirut on tour this season. The show in Atlanta with Basia Bulat is sold out. Sadness! But they are doing a date in Athens in December and I already have our tickets. Booyah.

This is my favorite song on the album, and the video is fun. My favorite part is the dog eating pizza. And it makes me wish I could do a cartwheel, but I can't!


Here is another neat video of theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment