Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tunesday Tuesday: Alessi's Ark

Alessi's Ark Drawing
Today one of my favorite artists, Alessi's Ark put out her new album. It is called Time Travel. So far it is very good, but I have heard some of the songs, as they were released as singles and iTunes exclusives. I did not know they were going to be on the album, but I think my favorite song is "On the Plains." I love Lauren's voice, and she is right up there with my other favorites, Joanna Newsom and Laura Marling. To me they are my "holy trinity" of girl voices/musicians, as I feel they are very creative storytellers with their songs. And Alessi's Ark is currently on tour with Laura Marling! SIGH! Please come farther south next time, please ladies! What a perfect bill!

Now for some videos... Alessi's Ark has some amazing videos. I think the videos for her older albums are so clever. Cracker animals! Teacups! Animation! You can't get much more into my imagination than these.


Alessi's Ark - The Bird Song from Kid Solo on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment