Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Last Saturday

Guitar 0138
Last Saturday we went to see some bands downtown. We had so much fun seeing some great music and friends. Above is a picture of the guitar that Karl Blau played, which he said belonged to Bret from one of my all-time favorite bands, Beat Happening.

Gold-Bears 0116
Our friends have a really fab band called Gold-Bears. They played first, and are currently on tour. Check them out if you are on the east coast cos they are going to NYC Popfest very soon!

Karl Blau 0123
Karl Blau played after local singer/punk rocker, Theo! I did not get a picture of Theo (sorry, Theo). Karl played and was really excited to be in Athens. I saw Karl drum for the Microphones at Yo-Yo-a-Go-Go in 1999 and I saw him perform with D+ when I was in college. It was nice to see him here in Athens finally!

Madeline 0139
Last to go on stage that night was local fav Madeline and the White Flag Band. Each time I see her she gets better and better! She is really good, and has a new album out in June. So check it out! Your ears will be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment