Sunday, October 3, 2010

Plush You - Kokeshi Dolls

Kokeshi dolls!
Are you ready for this year's Plush You? Plush You is an art show dedicated to handmade plush form around the world! This year Plush You is on October 8, and takes place at three of my favorite shops in Seattle - Schmancy, Nancy, and Fancy! This year I made three Kokeshi dolls. I think they came out really cute!

Kokeshi dolls.

Kokeshi dolls for Plush You.
Here they are standing up so you can see their shape a little better. I used fleece and felt and they are weighted with some pellets at the bottom so they can stand on their own. I also added a jingle bell in the body, too!

Kokeshi doll in pink.

Kokeshi doll in blue.

Kokeshi doll.

Here are my three Kokeshi dolls I made for Plush You standing on my book case.
My plush will be shown at my friend Kate's shop, Nancy. I got to see Plush You a few years ago, and it was very inspirational! Please have a look at the show if you are in the Seattle area cos it is really a fun and creative show with very great artists!

No comments:

Post a Comment