Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Banana Bread Recipe

Banana Bread

Banana Bread on a cute plate.
So it is finally cool weather here and that means you can turn on your oven and not make everyone in the house warmer than needed! So last night I made some banana bread. I have been perfecting my recipe, and I think I got it down a lot better than before. Would you like to make banana bread, too?

1 1/2 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup sugar

1/4 cup oil

1/4 cup maple syrup

2 mashed bananas

1/4 cup chopped pecans

Pre-heat your oven to 350º. Mash the bananas - make sure they're nice and ripe. Mix all the dry ingredients together with the banana mash. Lastly, mix in the oil, maple syrup, and chopped pecans. Pour and spread mixture into a greased loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes...check to see if the middle is gooey. If it is, stick it back in for another 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool and enjoy! This is also good with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. This time of year I like to have mine in the morning with a cup of chai tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment