Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Past Memories: Cinnamon Ornaments

A few years ago I made cinnamon ornaments. I thought it was a great idea, so I found this recipe and tried it out. It looks like there are lots of recipes for this sort of dough, but this one worked out fine. They take a while to dry, so this is one of those crafts that tests how patient one can be.

cinnamon cookie ornaments
I saw some recipes say to decorate these with royal icing, but I used puff paint on mine. I wanted to be able to keep mine year after year.

dad admires
Dad even got into the crafty project. He was a little more creative with his "icing" than I was!

can you tell
Here are our cinnamon ornaments. They really look like real cookies, no?

Cinnamon ornaments!

Squirrel ornament.

Our tree - dad decorated that ornament.
We used the cinnamon ornaments year after year and they have really kept nicely and they smell wonderful to this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment