Monday, March 28, 2011

Illustration Friday - Toy

Illustration Friday - Toy
Here is another drawing of mine for Illustration Friday. This week's word is "toy." As you may know, I love toys! Sometimes I even sew and make toys. This illustration is of my Long Bunny Plush I made a few years ago.

Long Bunny in China 1
This Long Bunny in particular was made to be a travel companion. I took this with me when we first went on a business trip to China and Hong Kong. These are pictures Raoul took. This was in 2008.

Long Bunny in China 2

Long Bunny in China 4
What a great travel buddy! This Bunny was great on my plane rides and car rides cos I could fold her and use this softie as a pillow. Needless to say, she is also very worn out and loved today. She does not look as "fresh" as in these photos.

Me sleeping on the Long Bunny Plush.

11 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love Long Bunny and her friends! Maybe you should market Soft Long Bunny as a travel pillow for kids...parents of restless kids would love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for your Long Bunny, both plush & illustrated!

    My niece had a long two-headed dog pillow when she was a toddler, and I was so happy when she finally gave that dog to me when she became a teenager haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have loved to see a "now photo" :-) What a lovely illustration and wonderful story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. My 23 yr old daughter still takes her puff-puff on all of her trips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the Long Bunny Love, everyone! I was too embarrassed to show the "then and now" version of poor Long Bunny! I also forgot Long Bunny's name is "Xiexie" which is Chinese for "thank you." You say "shay shay."

    And I did get some wide eyed looks from children on the plane when I pulled out Xiexie! It made me feel good on the 24 hour flight! I was sick right before we had to leave. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's sweet for sure. Did you have to buy her a separate ticket or do long bunnies fly for free? I forgot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, Robert!

    Long Bunnies fly free as long as they can fold into your carry on luggage!

    ReplyDelete